- You must be at least Level 20
- You should have completed the Level 20 story quest Hero in the Making
- You must be part of a Grand Company
- Finish the quest My Little Chocobo given by your Company Commander.
- Have a Chocobo Whistle in your inventory to summon your Chocobo as a mount
- (Optional): Use a Gysahl Green to summon your chocobo for battle
- After pledging allegiance to your chosen Grand Company, speak to your Grand Company Commander to get the quest.
- You will need 2,000 company seals to purchase a Chocobo Issuance.
- Purchase a Chocobo Issuance from your Grand Company Quartermaster.
- Present the Chocobo Issuance to the stablemaster at the Chocobo Stable located in the city of your allegiance and receive a Chocobo Whistle.
- Name your new Chocobo.
How To Ride Your ChocoboEdit
You will find your Chocobo Whistle in your inventory, we suggest equipping this to an action bar, using the whistle will summon your Chocobo as a mount.
- Locations where you cannot use Chocobos: City-States and Dungeons.
- Dismount from your Chocobo by clicking on the Chocobo Whistle.
- Personal chocobos are faster than rental chocobos.
- You will be detected by enemies as they would if they were on foot.
- While mounted, if a chocobo takes too much damage, it will escape back to his stables.
How To Fight With Your ChocoboEdit
You must first be Level 30 with a Disciple of War or Magic class to unlock the needed quest.
- Make sure you have Gysahl Greens in your inventory.
- Use a Gyashl Green to summon your chocobo
- You can order your Chocobo to take on different roles in the party (Free, Attacker, Defender, and Healer Stances)